Senior Economist – UK, Germany, Belgium and Ireland
Senior Economist – UK, Germany, Belgium, and Ireland
A leading microeconomics consultancy with offices around the world is currently looking for outstanding candidates to join its competition practice in either the UK, Germany, Belgium, or Ireland. The competition economics practice boasts a portfolio of high-profile clients and legal counsel, giving advice and technical support in areas such as mergers, litigation, arbitration and market design/policy analysis. There is now an urgent need for a Senior Economist hire with a microeconomics / competition background to manage cases, clients and junior team members.
- Working at a senior level within the fields of competition such as antitrust, mergers, and state aid cases
- Being on track for a senior leadership position
- The chance to work across multiple industries including energy, financial services, telecoms, transport, and healthcare
As a Senior Economist in the practice, you will be responsible for managing projects from planning, meeting client requirements, sticking to budgets, meeting deadlines, and presenting to all key stakeholders. Additionally, your role will be maintaining client relationships by identifying their needs and reviewing all output, whilst regularly supervising colleagues within the competition team, and supporting their work performance by providing feedback. Most importantly, the firm has high values which you will champion at every opportunity, continuing to make this a great place to work.
Required skills for a Senior Economist:
- Economics training to at least MSc level, ideally with a focus on microeconomics
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in competition economics at another top consultancy, regulatory body, or authority
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, ideally with one or more European language(s)
- Strong team working skills
- A real passion to develop the team as well as your own personal network
This exciting opportunity allows you to work on a variety of projects in the microeconomics sphere, work in a collaborative and supportive environment, build client relationships, and earn a highly competitive salary with bonus and benefits.
By applying to this advert you agree to your personal details being held on file in relation to this and other future relevant opportunities.
Apply for this job